Ribbon Cuttings & Grand Openings
A ribbon cutting ceremony is a great way to recognize a special event. The UCNH Chamber is delighted to help your business celebrate with a ceremony and will be happy to facilitate a ribbon cutting. As a member benefit, the chamber is available to assist with your ceremony if your business has:
Ribbon Cutting Requirements?
- Opened its doors within the past 6 months;
- Changed ownership or is under new management;
- Moved to a new location due to expansion;
- Has been remodeled or has expanded its current location;
- Is celebrating a milestone anniversary.
The Chamber President and Executive Director along with Chamber Board and City Council members, as well as local elected officials, are often on hand to join us in the festivities.
- Notify its membership of the event through weekly e-newsletters and the monthly E-Dispatch Newsletter (depending on the day the newsletter goes to print.)
- Add your event to the on-line calendar on the Chamber web site.
- Notify Chamber Board of Directors and City Officials.
- Provide giant scissors, ribbon, and set up the group for a great photo.
- Use the photo from the event in the monthly Business Newsletter and possibly future e-mail newsletters.
- The Chamber will take a picture of your ribbon cutting.
At the time of the ribbon cutting/open house, the Chamber and local officials will say a few words about your business and introduce you as the owner or manager. Business owners in turn may say a few words about the business and introduce their staff. The ribbon is then cut and refreshments may be served, at which time people have the opportunity to tour the business.